The definitive guide to developing the adaptive skills essential for success at work.
Upskill provides a rich resource of reliable learning solutions to help busy professionals respond and adjust to the fast-paced world around them. The book has been designed for anyone who is committed to developing themselves and their colleagues, but may not have the time, the resources, the budget or the inspiration to know where to start. It delivers a compendium of resources for readers to pick up and refer to in their own time and at their own pace: 840 practical ideas reflecting the latest thinking on how to extend personal performance. The suggestions have all been grouped around a set of twenty-one adaptive skills, which are associated with successful outcomes at work and beyond. These key skills can be practised and refined throughout a career and are as relevant for new starters in an organisation as they are for experienced managers.
Amazon #1 UK Bestseller in HR and Training books, #1 UK Bestseller in Business Reference books.
Download sample chapter on creativity: Upskill-Sample
Readers will discover a host of user-friendly options to support their personal and professional development, including: novel methods and approaches, time-saving apps, relevant books and resources, thought-provoking quotes, topical insights, hand-picked videos and numerous links to engaging websites. The majority of the hints, tips and techniques can be actioned without having to access any external support or invest in any additional outlay.
Featuring insights from:
Chip and Dan Heath, Simon Sinek, Jim Collins, Lori Goler, Seth Godin, Nancy Kline, Deepak Chopra, Kim Scott, Stephen Covey, Tim Ferriss, Walter Mischel, David Rock, Daniel Levitin, Martin Seligman, Carol S Dweck, Tim Minchin, Dan Pink, Marcus Buckingham, Ruth Chang, Tom Peters, Patrick Lencioni, Tim Urban, Richard Wiseman.
What people are saying about the book...
- ‘If you want to develop yourself, your people and your teams, read Upskill by Chris Watson.’
Marshall Goldsmith. New York Times #1 bestselling author. Thinkers 50 Award for #1 Leadership Thinker in the World.
- ‘The book encourages constructive conversations about capability in the workplace, anchored around some of the most valuable adaptive skills. No fillers, abstract theories or tedious stories: just full of easy to apply tools’.
Curt W. Coffman. Co-Author of First Break all the Rules with Marcus Buckingham.
- ‘It’s positive, easy to read and based on in-depth knowledge of the subject - a welcome addition to the literature’.
Dr David Duncan. Chief Operating Officer. The University of Glasgow.
- ‘A cornucopia of tools, models and techniques that will help leaders and managers improve their skills and be more effective.
Rory Underwood MBE. Motivational Speaker. Former England Rugby Player.
- ‘A huge range of tactical tools, intelligent approaches and ideas for long term gain’
Dominic Monkman. Global Strategy and Business Operations Director. GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- ‘It is refreshing to read a book which recognises that people sit at the centre of their own learning.’
Kate O’Sullivan. Deputy Chairman, British Rowing.
- ‘Upskill provides tools and guidance to better face complexity without getting complicated’
Yves Morieux. Managing Director Boston Consulting Group.
- ‘It would be a challenge for any individual to not be inspired by the range of practical strategies that are included in this book. Most books aimed at personal development usually only provide a couple of gems. There are 840 in this book!’
Steve Oakes. AQR Associate Director of Education.
- ‘The clarity with which the core idea is put forward is compelling. The content reflects the latest thinking on how to improve performance by building on strengths - helping employees to learn at their own pace, in their own time.
Eleanor Cannon. Chair of Scottish Golf.
- 'The serious business of learning is peppered with irreverence which ensures the reader does not take this important subject or themselves too seriously’.
Paula Tunbridge. Deputy Director of HR. University of York.
- 'Upskill provides the springboard for self-development and personal fulfilment. An excellent addition to the area of performance psychology’.
Dr Keith Earle. Sports Psychologist - Hull City Tigers.
- ‘A wonderful resource for anyone dealing with organisational issues or who has an interest in personal development. Every single one of the hundreds of options to develop performance is worth a read’.
Jim Tamm. Co-author of ‘Radical Collaboration: Five Essential Skills to Overcome Defensiveness and Build Successful Relationships’.
For more Information:
To order your copy of Upskill by Chris Watson, click on the link: Amazon or visit your preferred bookshop.